What is a Toy Library?
At a toy library you can borrow from a vast array of well-made toys that have been designed to support your child’s skill development and imagination. Toy libraries aim to support families and encourage togetherness with quality time spent playing with children.
Toy libraries do have some fundamental characteristics:
- Provide quality educational items for loan.
- Are inexpensive (usually an annual subscription is charged).
- Principally cater for younger children.
- Have a range of items covering all stages of growth and development.
- Provide an opportunity to meet other caregivers to share concerns, interact with others and make new friends.
- Help parents and carers learn about the ages and stages of child development.
- Usually open on set days and hours.
Join the Belmont Toy Library
Parents, grandparents and carers are all welcome to become a member of the Belmont Toy Library.
Join online or come into the toy library.
Our tiered pricing provides flexibility for families – choose the option that best suits your family’s needs and budget. Our borrowing period is 3 weeks with a renewal period of 3 weeks. All of our membership options include a volunteer duty commitment of 4 sessions (8 hours) per year.
$50 – 5 toys
$54 – 10 toys
$58 – 15 toys
$10 – Joining Fee
Concession Card Discounts available.
Prices are correct as of March, 2023. We accept payment via cash or card in the library or direct bank deposit.
When signing up to an annual membership with the Belmont Toy Library it is requirement to complete 4 volunteer duty sessions (8 hours) over the membership year. It is also members’ responsibility to:
- Choose age-appropriate toys
- Return toys on time
- Return toys in the condition they were borrowed (i.e. clean and will all pieces accounted for)
- Notify us of any broken or damaged toys and missing pieces
The full terms and conditions of membership can be viewed here.